Wednesday, September 23, 2015

1 Minute Handstands: My 30 Day Challenge

This quote means that any journey, towards any goal is accomplished by small changes or small steps forward.  No-one is automatically an expert - everyone must start somewhere and take small steps towards mastery of any goal.  In my case, a journey towards a freestanding handstand starts with the small step of holding a handstand on the wall for increased lengths of time in order to build up the strength needed to hold a handstand without a wall.  If I do strength training for handstands every day, I will increase my strength and, even if I am not able to hold a handstand free of the wall, I will be closer to the end result that I am hoping for.  I am planning to do this after school every evening.  I am using my phone to videotape the handstand holds and then looking each day to see how long the holds were.  I have a corner in my room dedicated to yoga and this is where I am working on this.  I would like to eventually do this with only the support of a couch or bed, but I tried that yesterday and could hardly hold for 10 seconds, so I need to work up to this with wall practice first.  I will reward myself by gutting my yoga legging collection and buying a new pair of leggings.  You all can help me to accomplish this goal by being supportive each day when I complete my daily challenge - I need cheerleaders.  :)



1 comment:

  1. That seams like a good 30day challenge. I would like to help you stay on track

    ReplyDelete