![]() |
| African Elephant |
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Zookeeping; Blog Post #7
The career I researched was zookeeper. Zookeeper is when you take care of the animals daily by cleaning and hosing their enclosures. You have to feed them which includes making sure the food you give them has their added vitamins. You need to also be able to observe the animals and know when they are not healthy. It takes a lot of work to be a zookeeper as you are going to have to be on your feet a lot and have to work in any weather. Even it's snowing very hard, you still have to work. Same in the rain, you have to be able to get your hands dirty and if you do not like that then this career is not for you. Zookeepers also serve as nurses for the animals, when they are sick or hurt, yo u have to take care of them and help them. This would be a good fit for me because I absolutely love animals! I have a lot of pets so I am kind of used to taking care of animals. If I want to pursue this career, I need to study zoology in college and get a bachelor's or higher degree. I already take zoology at Kentridge so all I need to do is go to Green River, get my grades up for 2 years. Get my associates degree and then transfer over to Washington State University and study zoology and get my bachelors there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment