Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Falling Down, Quite Literally
This quote means that people often give up when faced with difficult tasks and it is this mental checking out that causes failure more than any physical inability. If someone wants to be successful they can't stop trying. Everyone fails. The successful people are those who keep pushing despite those failures. There have been moments in my 30-day-challenge where I wanted to give up. I have had moments where I have felt that my efforts are not productive and have even felt like I am getting weaker, rather than stronger, as a result of my efforts. I have been tempted to give up on myself (maybe for just one day) more than once, but I haven't. My current success rate with this challenge is 100%. Some challenges for me have been time - my schedule is packed, even finding one minute for this challenge has been a struggle some days - and sleep/relaxation - it is so tempting to watch mindless TV or to sleep rather than workout. I have overcome these obstacles - some days just barely, but I have never given in to temptation. I have learned that I am determined and also that having a class hold me accountable is very motivational for me. Marking the progress chart and the reward of a pizza/doughnut party at the end for the class are really helping me to stay motivated. Plus, the promise of a new pair of leggings if I reach 100% at the end is also keeping me going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment