Thursday, October 15, 2015

Blog post 3

The article I read was "6 Essential soccer shooting drills for finishing". This article showed me how to do 6 different drills to put the ball in the back of the net. The article is about quick decision-making, shooting accuracy, creative movement, composure, confidence in front of goal, and vision. The article says' "When a defender is breathing down your neck, it's easy to lose your poise", so the advice I will follow will be," become accustomed to and comfortable with this pressure and remain calm". When a defender is close by it is easy to lose composure because it feels like the defender will tackle you or block it so the attacker stops and wastes a chance, or just shoots nervously and miss which is what I am trying to avoid.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like shooting is mostly a mental game: maintaining focus in spite of pressure. Make certain to answer all aspects of the prompt when completing your posts. Good luck as you move forward on this goal

    ReplyDelete